Laura Theodore, the creator of the Jazzy Vegetarian, came out with the Vegan-Ease book last year. She’s had a television show and this recipe is featured on Season 5 on Create TV. Way to go Laura.
If you have been following what I do, you know that I recently got introduced to a new-to-me avocado the Gillogly. It might look strange and somewhat obscene but it’s unbelievably tasty. It’s from Will’s Avocados (Brokaw Ranch) and it’s experimental. You may have to go to one of the San Francisco Bay Area farmer’s markets to buy it.
Don’t worry if you can’t find this avocado, use any ripe avocado in this simple but pretty, tasty avocado salad recipe.
The Jazzy Vegetarian’s Avocado Salad Parfait
- Juice from half a medium lemon
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil see note
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt plus more as needed
- 10 to 14 grape or cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 medium-to-large avocado pit removed, peeled and diced
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk briskly to emulsify.
- Put all of the salad ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and gently stir to combine.
- Season with more salt, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- To serve as a fancy first course, spoon into pretty glasses, displayed on a decorative plate.
Leave a Reply