Moroccan Carrot Salad
Turn carrots into something special by using herbs and spices. This gives carrot salad a big upgrade. You can use aquafaba (chickpea juice) or extra virgin olive oil – it’s your choice.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon each ground cumin and ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup aquafaba bean juice or cooking liquid or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
Whisk together aquafaba or olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine carrots, currants, mint, parsley, cilantro, black pepper, and sea salt. Toss to mix.
These recipes work well in the summer when it's hot or anytime at all when you just feel like eating salad. One of my "food rules" is to eat a large salad every day. I think that it contributes to better health, and if you know me, you know that is what I am about - better health for everyone.