The Simplest and Tastiest Instant Pot Vegan Chili
My husband Rick likes his chili plain which means without tomato products. I make it his way but have to add mine later. This was so easy because the beans were already cooked. It could, however, still be made easily with soaked beans but the amount of liquid would have to be adjusted to accommodate that change.
I like to add tomatoes, tomato paste and stir those in and then top with herbs, a squeeze of lime, shot of hot sauce and avocado. I eat it wrapped in a corn tortilla or on top of rice or quinoa.
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 to ½ package Tofurky ground beef style
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili spice blend of cumin, chili powder, oregano or any blend like this
- Pinch of cayenne optional
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked black beans
Add the onion to the pressure cooker set on saute or over medium heat. Saute for a minute or two.
Add the garlic and saute one more minute.
Add the Tofurky and chili powder and chili spice and stir well.
Turn off saute and add the liquid to the recipe. Add the beans.
Lock on the lid and set the pot to high pressure for 3 minutes.
When time is up you can let it do a natural release or do a quick release. Either way the dish is fully cooked.
Adjust seasonings as you like.