Thank you Kim Hoffman from The Healthy Hoff for reviewing Vegan Under Pressure and featuring my Garlic Parsley Mashed Potatoes recipe. This recipe can be found below and on page 217 of Vegan Under Pressure.
Garlic Parsley Mashed Potatoes – Vegan Under Pressure
- 4 medium Yukon Gold yellow Finn, or russet potatoes, peeled, if desired, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup vegetable or allium stock
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup soy or other nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- Vegan margarine optional
- Add the potato pieces to a pressure cooker along with the stock and garlic
- Lock on the lid. Bring to high pressure. Cook for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Remove the lid, carefully tilting it away from you.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a hand blender, not an immersion blender. Depending upon the consistency you want, add all the milk or use less. Add the parsley, salt to taste, and margarine, if desired. Stir to combine. Serve hot.