Thank you Becky Striepe from Glue and Glitter for reviewing Vegan Under Pressure and featuring Maple and Vinegar Braised Parsnips recipe and using them in your Quinoa Buddha Bowl. The parsnip recipe can be found below and on page 127 of Vegan Under Pressure.
Maple and Vinegar Braised Parsnips – Vegan Under Pressure
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips all about the same size, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal (The two giant parsnips pictured above were just over 1 1/2 pounds.)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or less to taste
- freshly ground pepper
- Add the parsnips, vegetable broth and vinegar to the pressure cooker.
- Bring to high pressure. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. Open the lid, carefully tilting it away from you.
- Check to see that the parsnips are cooked through. If not and they need more liquid, add a few more tablespoons of broth or water. Bring back to high pressure for 1 minute.
- Quick release the pressure and stir in the maple syrup. Transfer to a bowl.